Chairperson of Department:
Name: Prof. R. K. Garg
Phone No.: 0130-2484125
To facilitate and promote studies and research in emerging areas of Mechanical Engineering, and also to achieve excellence in the connected domain.
To achieve excellence in education and research in Mechanical Engineering and related interdisciplinary domain; and to produce engineers/technocrats with sound base of technical know-how & know- why and to equip them with the ability to integrate Indian values with global ethos.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO) for B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering
- To prepare the academic background of the graduates for a rewarding career in Mechanical Engineering.
- To impart intellectual capabilities with ethical and moral values necessary for professional success.
- To develop sound knowledge base and competency in domain skill-set in the graduates for professional excellence with innovative and leadership acumen in Mechanical Engineering industries.
- To prepare graduates to undertake higher degree and research in specific areas of mechanical engineering.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO) for M. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering
- To enhance necessary analytical capability and research flavour by introducing courses on advance numerical techniques including finite element methods and associated software(MATLAB, ANSYS) ,BOND GRAPH technique and simulation etc.
- To develop sound knowledge base with philosophical temperament and attitude with emphasis on know-why by introducing core mechanical engineering subjects such as advanced thermodynamics, advanced fluid mechanics, designing of mechanical system etc.
- To brace student with latest developments and new technology in the area of interest by making the M. Tech. teaching scheme elective based to facilitate students to decide on the broad area of specialization and topic of interest.
- To develop confidence to approach a research problem with fair degree of novelty by comprehending the above skills by a full one semester thesis work.
- To develop practical skills to design experimentation, data acquisition and presentation, data reduction and interpretation.
- To get acquainted with the state of art computational tools, techniques and related software.
- To prepare the students to be successful engineers or managers for meeting the global industrials requirements and to solve wide range of problems.
|Name of Course||Total Seats||Duration|
|B. Tech.||60+12||4 years|
|Class Rooms : VS- 210, 305,306,307, MV-416Smart Class Room: VS-212Drawing Halls : MV-213,311Labs : FM, F M/C, EC, ICE, SOM, KOM, DOM, RAC, HMT, EME, I&C, MS, CAD, Mechatronics, M&I, ANT&CComputers : CAD lab- 60 ComputersClick here for details of Labs Equipments availableMAJOR FACILITIES IN VARIOUS LABS
CIM AND MECHATRONICS LAB.:
IC ENGINES LAB.:
OTHER MAJOR LAB FACILITIES:
M.TECH. RESEARCH FACILITIES:
|Dr. K.D. Gupta||Professor (10000)||Ph.D.||Mechanical Design, Vibration, Rotodynamics, Tribology|
|Dr. Raj Kumar||Professor (10000)||Ph.D.||Thermal , CFD|
|Dr. R. Singh||Professor (10000)||Ph.D.||Manufacturing Engg. CAD/CAM/CIM|
|Dr. R.K. Garg||Professor (10000)||Ph.D.||System Design, Production & Industrial Engg.|
|Dr. M.N. Mishra||Professor (10000)||Ph.D.||Product Engineering, Operation & Supply Chain Management, Modelling and Simulation of Manufacturing and supply chain.|
|Dr. R.K. Soni||Professor (10000)||Ph.D.||Automobile Engg., CAD, Mechatronics, Reliability Engg.|
|Dr. A.K. Sharma||Professor (10000)||Ph.D.||Thermal Engg (Heat Transfer, Nanofluids, Design of Thermal/Energy Systems, Gasifier-Engine Technology)|
|Dr. Suresh Verma||Professor (10000)||Ph.D.||Mechanical Design, Tribology & FEA|
|Dr. S.K. Jarial||Assoc. Prof. (9000)||Ph.D.||Rotodynamic Machines & Industrial Engg|
|Dr. A.K. Gupta||Assoc. Prof. (9000)||Ph.D.||Production & Industrial Engg.|
|Dr. Mahender Singh||Assoc. Prof. (9000)||Ph.D.||Industrial Engg. & Operation Management|
|Dr. Vikas Modgil||Asstt. Prof. (7000)||Ph.D.||Manufacturing system Engg. Industrial Engg.|
|Dr. Rajneesh Kumar||Asstt. Prof. (7000)||Ph.D.||Rotodynamic Machines, Tribology|
|Dr. Ajay Kumar||Asstt. Prof(6000)||Ph.D.||Rotodynamic Machines, Industrial Engg.|
|Dr. Amit Sharma||Asstt. Prof. (6000)||Ph.D.||Thermal Engg., RAC, Heat Pipes, Green Tech. Energy conservation|
|Dr. Anil Narwal||Asstt. Prof. (6000)||Ph.D.||Robotic Engg. , Dynamics Modeling of Physical System , Bond Graph Modeling Simulation|
|Sh. Pardeep Sharma||Asstt. Prof. (6000)||M.Tech, Ph.D. (per suing)||Manufacturing & Automation|
|S. No||Name of Staff||Designation||D.O.B.||Highest Qualification||DOJ on present post||Date of Joining in Univ.|
|1.||Sh. Azad Singh Panwar||A.T.O.||01.02.65||B.Tech.
|2.||Sh. Mukesh Gupta||A.T.O.||10.03.63||AMIE (Mech)||01.06.12||6.12.91|
|3.||Sh. Ashok Kumar||Lab. Tech. ‘A’||13.08.68||ITI
|4.||Sh. Durga Prasad||Sr. Draftsman||05.05.69||ITI Draftsman Mech||02.02.13||18.08.92|
|5.||Sh. Suresh Kumar||Lab. Tech ‘A’||08.04.63||ITI 10+2||25.10.12||27.10.90|
|6.||Sh. Kamal Kumar||Lab. Tech ‘A’||26.02.77||Diploma in Mech||17.07.09||17.07.09|
|7.||Sh. Subhash Chand Batra||Lab. Tech ‘A’||06.04.64||Diploma in Mech||22.12.14||22.07.09|
|8.||Sh. Krishan Chand||Lab. Tech. ‘A’||25.01.58||Matric||22.08.09||21.08.89|
|9.||Sh. Gopal Singh||Lab. Tech ‘B’||15.03.57||Matric||22.04.16||20.10.89|
|10.||Sh. Jasbir||Lab. Tech ‘B’||05.12.83||M.Sc.||27.12.16||3.02.2012|
|11.||Sh. Ram Karan||Lab Assistant||10.04.57||Matric||05.10.10||01.10.92|
|12.||Ms. Preeti||Clerk-cum-DEO||14.06.88||MA (Eng)
|13.||Sh. Shish Ram||Attendant||19.07.61||Matric||01.03.96||01.03.96|